Writing permits me to be more than I am. Writing permits me to experience life as any number of strange creations. – Alice Walker
Sometimes we need a reminder of why we write, and today I need to take a few minutes to remember that.
1.The only person who can write the story that you are writing is you. Because you are the only one who knows your perspective on the world.
2. If you want to get better at writing, you need to practice.
3. When you write you can create your own world. There can be magic and nothing has to make sense in our world. There you can do whatever you want.
4. Writing does not make a mess, so once you are done it is easy to put away.
5. Writing is a way of sharing your perspective on the world.
6. Writing allows you to be in control of a entire world, that is if you are writing fiction, I can’t necessarily say the same thing about nonfiction… Anyways you can’t control much in the real world, and there are times when it does not feel like there is much that can be control, so being able to control an entire world can be nice.
7. Writing is a way to de-stress. Writing down thoughts is a way to reflect and also relax.
8. Writing can make you more aware of yourself and your emotions, and also others and their emotions.
Those are the reasons that I can think of of why to write right now. If you have any more reasons, I would love to hear them in the comments!