The important thing is not to stop questioning. – Albert Einstein
So, I was not tagged, but since I am doing NaNoWriMo I thought that this would be a good thing to do.
1. How many years have you participated in NaNo?
This is my fourth year, and then I’ve also done Camp WriMo four or thereabout times.
2. Are you a planner, pantser, or plantser?
Normally I am a planner.
This year though I was not planning to really do NaNo. I was just going to finish a short story.
Then on November 1st I decided that I had to do NaNo.
So, this year I am being a pantser.
3. If you are a planner/plantser, what are the first story elements that you flesh out?
Characters. If I have the characters and a vague idea of my plot I am ready to go.
4. NaNo Forums? Do you use them?
5. Writing Buddies? Do you prefer to write socially or alone?
I work alone.
Although I don’t mind if I know other people who are doing it. Then when we get together we can complain about how terribly our wordcounts are coming.
But I cannot write with other people very easily. I tend to get distracted and start talking to them.
So, it is probably better if I work alone.
6. Do you diligently write 1,667 words a day, or do you write in spurts?
I try to get 1,667 words a day. Although some days I get more or less.
I feel more comfortable if I am where I am supposed to be on my wordcount.
7. Do you have a writing totem?
No… Maybe some day.
8. Do you go to kick-off, write-in, or wrap-up parties?
No. I’ve never seen the point.
And also I’ve never really cared enough to remember when they are.
9. When writing, are you an analog (handwritten) or digital writer? Does the same apply to when you’re taking notes or brainstorming?
I like writing by hand. I’ve actually written entire novels this way (and they are not fun to have to type up).
But during NaNoWriMo I have to use a computer or something. I still may make some notes or brainstorm by hand if I have time.
If I had time and the paper and pens I feel like I would end up doing it all by hand. But it would have to magically type itself all up because I would really rather not do that.
10. Share your NaNo username (if you feel comfortable doing so) so that others can connect with you on the NaNo site!
Sorry, I don’t feel comfortable sharing my username.
If you feel like doing this feel free to! Are you doing NaNoWriMo this year?